Sunday, March 25, 2012

Final Brochure


(INSIDE)

I made the inside of my brochure into a menu. That is why I changed the background color from burgundy to white. It made the text easier to read. Also, I decided to have a flame going across the background to make it look more appealing. I decided to have the type the same as the one I used for my slogan, to make the lettering uniform. However, I changed the size and border colors of the text to make it clear what was the name of the dishes and what was the description of them. I researched each of the dishes to make sure that my description and pricing was accurate. Also, I placed double-sided pitch forks to create a border for the picture of the dishes and to tie into the overall theme. I placed one for each section and displayed a variety of cuisine.


(OUTSIDE)

I changed the background slightly. I flipped the direction of the flame horizontally to make it look like the fire was connected by the corner fold. Also, I made the other side of the background burgundy because it looked better aesthetically than a white background. I placed a picture of a belly dancer in the top left corner and described the Risque experience beneath it using the same type and colors from the menu. Also, at the bottom I placed contact information regarding our Facebook and Twitter addresses. On the next fold, I blew up the chili pepper guy from my logo and placed him across the top. Then I placed my slogan and website information beneath the chili pepper. I placed the slogan here to break up and guide the viewer's eyes down to the bottom of the page. This is where I placed the hours of operation information. The first page of my brochure features my logo on the top. However, I decided to place it inside of a black oval because it made it stand out compared to the rest of the information inside of the brochure. This is important because I want the first thing the reader to look at to be my logo. Then I used pitch forks to break enclose and break up the main photograph of the Flame section of the restaurant. Finally, I placed the physical address and telephone number so that viewers would be able to easily find the information to make reservations and find Risque.

No comments:

Post a Comment